Web3 Metadata as Content

thinking of unique ways that metadata like minting, bidding, voting, can become content on yup and in web3 social in general. Will add more here soon.

Any thoughts?

12 Likes

I think that will be great. It will be step forward towards Web3 social engagement and web3 footprint!

5 Likes

any additional thoughts on this? here’s a random wireframe I made on these thoughts a few months ago:

wdyt?

4 Likes

This looks more like a notification alerts. People do not want just to be notified about the txn and time. They want to know what was the action on chain. Like it was an NFT mint on xyz dapp or it was a micro transfer of 0.001 ETH or it was a whale transfer of 10 ETH or it was purchse/bid on Opensea/Foundation etc.

I think before every sentence in a txn, there should be an icon representing the action. Below that line, time stamp, txn hash link, platform link (if possible to extract) or platform icon there. I hope you get the picture of that.

3 Likes

Could we translate yup users curation data into metadata so that they could gain ‘reputation’(did) with nft in yup.io community.

3 Likes

I like this, can you clarify or expand?

1 Like

It’ll be more visual than this, more like what context is doing

5 Likes

Here’s something I imagined:

When clicked on expand button, it will show the content as it shows on Yup feed or better.

3 Likes

Currently, yup distributes rewards to users based on curation data. Actually, the curation data is kind of metadata if it is stored on the chain. Could we build a nft-based contribution/influence system which has multi levels. The more curation contribution they make, the more rewards they get and the higher level they will be. When the user reaches certain level, they will collect a nft as a proof. Therefore, the yup community will produce some curation influencers. It is just a simple example about my understanding of reputation.

3 Likes

Here’s something I found and it is EXACTLY what I shown earlier:

This is a defi payment project called DePay. Please check it out.
depay.app

1 Like

What did everyone think about our Year on Yup NFTs?

5 Likes

They are cool!!!

2 Likes

i like this idea! could you clarify more? maybe make a one pager on it?

1 Like

what do we think of something like this?

1 Like

It looks more like the Yup activity. And it makes no sense to vote on the metadata.

It should look like a notification on the phone and when you click on that, it expands to show the full activity.

2 Likes

I think people will want to react to what people do like minting an NFT

3 Likes

That is quite debatable and open for all community members to decide.

But I personally do not see it as a feature at all.

1 Like

What content is most important to y’all to add here?

• NFT minting
  • NFT trading
  • Snapshot voting
  • Token trading
  • Other

0 voters

2 Likes

Just for the case of minting an NFT, I would like to see it. However, is there any website/project as an aggregator to show all nft minting activities? If not, we have to parse web3 data into human-readable data (I am afraid it would bring huge work).

1 Like

Honestly, I can’t pick one most important because web3 metadata includes all of these! If picking one will result in leaving others, I don’t wanna vote.

2 Likes