I don't take my vote as first place

Hello! I had a problem early with a vote, Well this morning I healed a first nft and the normal rating was discounted, I closed the window to heal and reopened it to see if the vote was correct but when I opened it again I saw that the nft I had a vote but the white borders were not reflected as I had already voted for it, well I went to the bloks to verify if the vote was counted and if my vote was counted it was on Feb 16, 2022 10:15:41 AM link from the nft https://foundation.app/@nguyenhut/clay/38
Enter Discord to Claim the error because my vote did not count first

Here it appears that the first process vote Feb 16, 2022 10:15:51 AM And my vote was 9 seconds before Feb 16, 2022 10:15:41 AM and mine was not taken into account.

1 Like

Happens to me all the time.

Your vote was counted for that URL you were the number 19 out of roughly 142 voters. In the past votes that happened around the same time would have been discarded but that was fixed.

You have to realize even if you see 0 votes that number is relative because by the time you see it maybe votes are already sent which means you’ll not be first.

Handling race conditions can’t be done without enforcing an arbitrary order, and that’s true even for blockchains themselves, they can have sequential blocks only by enforcing an arbitrary order. For example, the bitcoin network for write blocks that come at equivalent times will discard all and select only one, and ETH does the same with the difference that those discarded are still getting mining rewards they are called uncle blocks.

2 Likes