Account Not Found

Two days ago a user told me that when registering by twitter he gets Account not Found, and he confirmed that when he tried to register with Twitter at the time of giving authorization to YUP to have access to his twitter he had to log in and then confirm, this process was before where to make the registration it is necessary to log in first on twitter and then try the registration where the authorization is confirmed and the account is created without any problem.

I repeat the problem is when people have to log in to twitter and then confirm the authorization.
Two days ago a user told me that when registering by twitter he gets Account not Found, and he confirmed that when he tried to register with Twitter at the time of giving authorization to YUP to have access to his twitter he had to log in and then confirm, this process was before where to make the registration it is necessary to log in first on twitter and then try the registration where the authorization is confirmed and the account is created without any problem.

I repeat the problem is when people have to log in to twitter and then confirm the authorization.

This error is the same as some time ago, I leave the link to this publication.

Link: Twitter registration problem

Hey @cryptoleon, trying to understand this issue. So is the problem that they are able to create their account, and then when they go to download the extension and login it says account not found after they fill out the authorization page?

According to what I have noticed, the problem occurs when trying to register via twitter:

And on the next screen when you open the Twitter page if you are not logged in, you should do it, the problem occurs when you are not logged in before and do this step:

On this screen users enter their twitter credentials and then authorize YUP, and then the account not found error is presented.

The problem occurs for those who have not logged in to twitter before starting the registration.

For those who are logged in and on the login screen you see the authorization screen, they have no problem using their accounts.

The user who told me about the error first downloaded the extension, but it is possible that if they register via app.yup.io and have not logged in to twitter first, they will get the error.

Could you recreate you of the team do the registration by twitter without having logged in before and confirm if the error is for all or only some users.

2 Likes

Got it, yes we’ll test this out. Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Hi @PBJ I have this error, here some imagen
My registration was as described here, I tried the registration then I logged into twitter and then I got the extension as follows

Maybe i dont have account

Hi í have this problem
My account not found
Please could you help me
What should i do?

Hey @cryptoleon,

Looking deeper into this and have a few questions:

Once someone receives the account not found error, if they click the top right and sign into Twitter can they then repeat the sign up process and successfully create an account?

If so then that is working as intended - there’s no way for you to create an account via Twitter if you’re not logged in and we can’t control the error message from Twitter’s authorization page.

However if someone’s account is being created here and then they’re not able to login to their account or create an account with the same Twitter account once they’ve attempted to, then that’s something we need to resolve